The following are some of the roles and contributions you can expect from our CIO consulting service
- Provide technology vision, roadmap and strategic/tactical planning, of IT systems
- Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of IT systems
- Develop and enforce policy, standards and procedures to ensure the protection of the company’s IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information.
- Maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
- Develop and monitor the annual operating and capital budgets for IT systems.
- Review all hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members.
- Analyze and recommend changes to IT systems based on requirements of users and develop effective and feasible ways to satisfy user requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate gathering, processing, presentation, distribution and use of pertinent information required by management to aid in effective decision making.
IT Strategy and Roadmap Definition
Devising the IT Strategy and Roadmap based on the organization vision and business direction and includes:
- Understand the business strategy, the vision, mission, goals, drivers and differentiators
- Assess the role of IT in each strategic driver/ business functions, and articulate the IT implications of the business strategy
- Define the IT Vision and articulate the Roadmap and Methodologies to achieve the digital and automation strategy
- Define a High Level Master implementation plan and Governance Structure to achieve the Defined Roadmap
The perceived benefits that an organization looks for with the IT strategy and roadmap are Improved Affordability, Availability and Accessibility, Improved Patient Interactions / Experience, Improved Outcomes based on Knowledge from Data, Integrated/ Collaborative Solutions, Best Practices Adoption and Standardization, High Availability and Performance of systems, Scalability - Ease in Scale Up/ Growth and R&D/ Innovation
The following are the deliverables for the engagement:
- Findings of the Study
- SWOT Analysis Report
- IT Vision, Landscape and Roadmap
- Project Implementation Strategy and Plan
- Program/ Project Management
IT Application and Infrastructure Audit
The Audit covers the following areas
- IT Organization and Management
- IT Applications
- IT Infrastructure
- Policies and Procedures
IT Organization and Management
- Evaluation of current organization structure, Roles and responsibility matrix, Details about Governance mechanisms
- SWOT Analysis
- Mission critical and backend application Inventory and Vendor Management
- Application Business Value covering Functional Requirement Vs Compliance, Business Criticality, and Strategic Alignment
- Technical and Non Functional Requirements covering Product Viability, Technical Architecture, User Experience, Configurability/ Scalability, Dev Tools Availability, Training and Documentation, Integration Mechanism, Application Performance
- Application Development, Release, Deployment, Maintenance and Support Processes as applicable
- Evaluation of hardware, network capacity vs utilization vs requirement
- Evaluation of Data Centre (DC) Network, Compute, Storage, Performance and Security
- Network bandwidth usage and performance physical/ logical architecture for High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) across Production, Quality Assurance, Development environments with modes and patterns of Deployment
- Verify software used on server side, database, end user computing / security
- Methodologies & tools for monitoring/ billing/ provisioning IT Infra and sample reports for monitoring of the IT Infra
- Details on the infra performance such as transactions, peak load, server usage, internet bandwidth usage
- Details of IT Asset Management , Software and Hardware asset inventory
- Details of the vendors supporting the infrastructure
Policies, Procedures, Risk and Compliance
- Documented policies, procedures, adoption/adherence, audits undertaken and sample reports
- Mitigation plan and implementation plan for the non - compliances observed during the audit
- Software asset inventory with details of number of licenses software asset management audit reports
- Review Procedures: Change Mgmt., IT system development, Maintenance and Support
- Details about IT system accident recovery measures, DRP and BCP in place, DR Locations and sample mock drill reports
This is should be a prospective customer's number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.